***************This role has now been filled
This role provides the Finance Director with the opportunity to shape the future of the Kenya operations of Bata, and to impact on the organisation’s future growth. It is a role that is highly visible within the wider Finance team within Bata Shoes’ operations globally and the recent promotion of the previous incumbent into a CFO Africa position, demonstrates Bata’s commitment to offer career progression within its wider operations. The ideal candidate will embrace working in a highly competitive market and will bring energy, creativity,and tenacity to deliver transformational change within the commercial team. Offering an attractive compensation package to attract the best individual for this critical role, Bata is demonstrating their full commitment to ensuring they are able to hire the very best individual for this position.
- The main function cover reporting to the Company Manager for the whole of the company’s Financial and accounting functions which will include working closely with the other senior management staff in executing the policies and decisions of the Company and overall growth and profitability of the Company.
- To exercise control over the management of liquid resources, preparation of cash forecast, negotiations on financial agreements and review and control of credit policies, corporate financing, and taxation matters.
- To develop and monitor the short- and long-term plans, financial studies, statutory returns and preparation and interpretation of financial reports.
- To ensure efficient operations of the accounting functions of the company, timely completion of all Management Information Reports as per BSO requirement and fulfil the requirement of the law for all financial activities of the Company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review bank position and details of remittances
- Scrutiny and control cash and advances
- Checking bank facilities
- Cash and Bank statements
- Taxes and bills payable to government
- Daily Performance reports
- Review borrowing position
- Review weekly business, stock, receivables and profitability projections
- Ensure all Purchase Orders are made in conformity with the financial stipulations of the company
- Ensure that new lease agreements are at competitive rates
- MIS report
- Review of term cash positions
- Preparation of MMR and CFO Report as per schedule
- Thorough review of CAPEX
- Review and administer monthly inventories in all departments
- Review MIP and take corrective actions for major variances against estimates
- Review Progress Report and Future Plans
- Monthly inventories•Monthly position of orders and contractsMonthly inventories
- Monthly position of orders and contracts
- Co-ordinate and finalize company’s Strategic Planning and Business Plan
- Co-ordinate and finalize Budget Pack
- Co-ordinate and finalize Statutory Balance Sheet and Annual Tax closing
- Review company’s insurance policies
- Review credit limits for wholesale business
- Review Annual Balance Sheet
- Review of lease agreements
- Administer cost reduction by controlling expenditure in all activities of the Company
- Ensure maintenance of all accounting procedures as per BSO Accounting procedure Guide / Manual
- Ensure all personnel perform their functions most efficiently
- Bring to the notice of the Country Manager all the major deviations against the set standard / estimates
- Mentoring and training of existing members of finance staff, as well as ensuring functional heads have the required understating of the financial aspects of their area of responsibility