*******Applications for this role are now closed
The position reports to the Chief Investment Officer of Equator and is responsible for a range of operational responsibilities throughout the PE investment life cycle, most notably business development, financial modelling and analysis, and ongoing relationship management with existing portfolio companies.
- Conduct research for in-depth trend and specific industry analysis, to identify international funding sources and relevant regulatory & legal issues (for sector reports & research papers) and on other topics as assigned.
- Support due diligence on prospective investees, perform rigorous assessment of investment opportunities, including analysing financial information (historic accounts and projections) and related business plans.
- Prepare valuations, financial models and projections for prospective investment opportunities.
- Prepare research reports, detailed investment memoranda and recommendations for Investment Directors, as well as assist in presenting investments to the Investment Committee for approval.
- Assist in identifying, analysing, structuring and closing quasi-equity and equity investments across Africa.
- Support portfolio companies with value-add initiatives, such as helping to create financial models, perform analytics to influence business decisions and implement appropriate financial management systems.
- With input from investee management, prepare reports for quarterly/regular reviews of portfolio companies.
- Perform semi-annual and year-end investment valuations for portfolio companies.
- Manage communications and reporting for select portfolio companies.
- Prepare proceedings for various internal meetings.